Stonewall Kitchen's Chicken Enchiladas
Monday, October 11, 2010
If you're looking to cook up something new in your kitchen, give these Chicken Enchiladas a try.
• 3/4 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
• grilled or baked and sliced
• 3 cups cooked rice
• 15 oz. (1 can) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 1/2 cups Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup sour cream
• 8 8-inch flour tortillas
• 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (such as Monterey Jack, Colby, Cheddar or a combination)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Combine the rice, beans, cumin, ½ cup Salsa Verde, and salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
3. Place 1/2 cup rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.
4. Top rice with 2 tablespoons sour cream. Divide chicken evenly and place over sour cream. Roll tortilla to enclose filling and place in the baking dish side by side.
5. Top enchiladas with remaining 1 cup Salsa Verde. Sprinkle shredded cheese over sauce.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted. Serve hot with extra salsa, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.
For more information, visit www.stonewallkitchen.com