Thursday, August 11, 2011
Yippppeeee, it's Summer!
It's so easy to get caught up on the fun and forget about safety, so Suzy's here to remind us all of a few guidelines to keep our children safe around the water poolside and at the beach!
Water and Pool Safety
- Always actively and closely supervise your children when they are around pools, the ocean, lakes or rivers. Never leave your child alone around water, even for a moment.
- Make sure kids swim only in areas designated for swimming.
- Do not let your child dive into any body of water unless you know the depth of the water and it is at least nine feet deep.
- Do not allow your child to swim during thunderstorms or lightening storms.
- Do not let your child play rough in the water.
- Do not mix alcohol with diving, swimming or boating.
- Teach your children to enter the water feet first.
- Empty blow-up pools and put them away after each use.