Organic Food Wine in Wilton
Monday, March 16, 2009
Come to Ambler Farm and learn about why we should try to eat Organic Food Wine at the annual tasting.
When: Thursday, March 19, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Where: Ambler Farm, Wilton
Admission: Fee: $35 members, $40 non-members (Adults only!)
Registration: Register online below or by mail. Advance registration preferred.
Why buy organic? It's common sense: organic food is good for you, good for the environment, and good for the small-scale farmers and farm workers who produce it. Come to the Carriage Barn for our annual evening of organic food wine.
Michael Sautkulis from Merritt Wine and Liquors will lead a wine tasting featuring several varietals and answer your questions about organic wines. Rounding out the evening will be a selection of delicious soups and hors d'oeuvres to banish the late-winter chill (view our menu below).
- Butternut Squash Soup with a Dash of Curry
- Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Fresh Vegetables (recipe)
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Roasted Winter Vegetables
- Asparagus and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Frittata
- Crudité with Dijon Tarragon Mustard Dip
- Assorted Crostini – Feta Cheese with Garlic and Fresh Tomato Basil on Wave Hill Bread
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Squares (recipe)
- Lemon Squares
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Bark with Nuts Dried Cherries
- Organic Roasted Coffee
257 Hurlbutt Street
Wilton CT 06897
Click here for more information.