Fresh From the Market: Recipes from the Westport Farmers' Market
Monday, June 13, 2016
It's Farmers' Market Season and once again, we're partnering with the Westport Farmers' Market to feature recipes fresh from the market.
Asparagus with Miso Lemon Dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves 2
• 1 bunch asparagus
• 1⁄4 cup water
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet brown rice miso • 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. To prepare asparagus, cut off and discard woody ends and chop remaining stalks into bite-sized pieces.
2. In large skillet over high heat, bring water to boil. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until bright green and just soft. Remove from heat, drain water, and set aside.
3. In small skillet over medium-low heat, saute garlic in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and miso, mixing until miso is dissolved.
4. Pour dressing over asparagus, transfer to serving dish, top with almonds, and serve.
1 bunch asparagus
1 garlic clove
extra-virgin olive oil 1
sweet brown rice