Stew Leonard's Garden Centers Offers Free Saturday Morning Workshops
Sunday, April 04, 2010
Whether you already have a green thumb or are just starting to learn about gardening, there's a seminar for you at Stew's.
Beginning this Saturday, Stew Leonard's Garden Centers will be offering free Saturday morning workshops at their Danbury and Norwalk, Conn. and Yonkers, N.Y. locations. During each one-hour workshop, you'll have the opportunity to learn about lawn and gardening techniques and trends from a Stew Leonard's gardening expert and receive handouts on the topic at hand for home reference.
Saturday mornings in the Danbury, Norwalk, and Yonkers, locations from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
• April 10 Lawn care
• April 17 Organic soil, composts, and mulching
• April 24 Pruning
• May 1 Container gardening
• MAY 15 Vegetables, fruit and herbs
• May 22 Annuals: How to bring color all summer long to your garden
• June 5 Tomatoes
• June 12 Got deer? Deer resistant plants, preventing ticks and Lyme disease
• June 19 Birds, butterflies and fragrance gardens
• June 26 All about Roses
• July 10 All about Perennials
• July 17 Top Perennials of the Year
• July 24 Hydrangeas
• July 31 Extreme gardening, gardens for woodlands, arid, rain, and seashore
• Aug 7 Weeds, insects, diseases and pests
• Aug 28 Care of shrubs
• Sept 18 Bulbs: Fall planting brings spring color
• Oct 2 Wintering over your plants
Note: There will be no workshops held on holiday weekends (Mother's Day/May 8, Memorial Day/May 29, Fourth of July weekend, Labor Day/September 4), August 14 or 21, and September 4, 11, or 25.
Stew Leonard's Garden Center entrance
• Norwalk store: 100 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851
Questions call: 203.847.7213
• Danbury store: 99 Federal Road, Danbury, CT 06811
Questions call: 203.790.8030
For more information, visit www.stewleonards.com