Jessica Seinfeld's No-Fuss Fettuccine with Lemon Sauce
Monday, March 30, 2015
Jessica Seinfeld shares a simple recipe with a taste of spring that will be a dinner-time crowd pleaser with InStyle Magazine. Here are the details...
Fettuccine with Lemon Sauce:
(Adapted from Marcella Hazan)
Serves 4 to 6
Grated rind of 4 lemons
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 pound fettuccine
1/2 cup grated imported Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
freshly ground black pepper, for serving
1. Fill a large pot with water 1 inch from the top. Turn the heat on to high and let come to a boil.
2. Using a Microplane or cheese grater, grate the zest of the lemons, being careful to only grate the brightly colored skin, not the white part (the pith) underneath as it’s quite bitter. Then juice 1 of the lemons—you should get about 2 tablespoons.
3. Put the butter and cream into a large pot. Turn the heat to medium-high, and when the cream begins to boil, add the lemon juice and stir thoroughly. Stir in the grated lemon rind. Let simmer for 1 minute then turn off the heat.
4. Once the water has come to a boil, add 2 teaspoons salt. Then, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions (until al dente); drain. Transfer the drained pasta to the pot with the lemon sauce. Toss thoroughly and add the grated Parmesan, reheating and stirring over medium heat for 15 to 20 seconds until creamy, if necessary. Taste for salt. Add a little if you like.
5. Serve topped with freshly ground black pepper and extra Parmesan.
Watch the step-by-step video from InStyle Magazine here.