Piazza Italia Event
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
From specialty sauces and olive oils, to balsamic vinegars, authentic homemade pasta and marinated vegetables, as well as decadent sweets including chocolates, cookies and coffee/tea, Balducci’s Food Lover’s Market is bringing a robust assortment of items across its various departments.
Featured products, hand selected from almost 25 producers, will feature:
• Olive oils from four different Italian regions including Liguria, Tuscany, Umbria and Apulia
• Rich and succulent specialty sauces direct from Sicily and genuine artisanal pasta from different Italian regions including Marche, Campania and Apulia
• Giusti Balsamic Vinegars, the oldest producer of balsamic vinegar established in 1605
• TifaBene organic cookies and sweets, crafted with sustainable, organic and traditional Italian ingredients
• Micco assorted jams are crafted with fruit from local orchards and perfect for topping biscuits or homemade biscotti
Additionally, food lovers will have the opportunity to vote on the top artisan products to bring to its stores, creating yet another exclusive offering with a brand new line of Italian goods.
Authentic Italian entertainment will also be taking place in each store on Saturday as well as special cooking demonstrations and interactions in select locations.
Specifically at our Rye Brook market, customers will have the chance to experience the following:
• Meet Rossella Rago, the star of the Cooking with Nonna Show at 1:00 pm
• Watch the operatic flash mob with promising talents at 3:30 pm
• Listen to Julia della Croce, distinguished as one of America’s best cooking teachers and food historians by the James Beard Foundation at 6:00 pm