Wilton Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Enjoy Earth Day in Wilton during the town's Environmental Celebration on Saturday. Here's the schedule of events.
Noon Ribbon Cutting & Dedication of Wilton’s NEW Wellness Park by First Selectman Bill Brennan
- Intersection of Kristine Lilly Way and School Road
- Do some warm-up stretches at the Fit Trail Stations, check out the Wellness Kiosk
Join the Chamber of Commerce “CASH MOB” at the Wellness Park to $ave $ome Green!
- Get the inside scoop on which stores in Wilton Center are offering Earth Day specials to “Cash Mob”
- Be environmentally responsible - bring or buy a reusable shopping bag
12:15 PM Get Movin’, Stay Healthy – Just come and join us, no registration necessary!
- 1 mile Family Fun Run, Bike, Walk, Stroll from Wellness Park into Wilton Center
- Have a family game of tennis on the town courts
Get Educated, Keep Our Town Clean & Green
- Find the answers to the Environmentally Healthy Scavenger Hunt hidden along the path to Merwin Meadows and get a prize
- Pick up any litter you see today when using our town parks or trails
Get the Ground Ready for Green Sprouts
- Bring shovel & gloves to prepare the Community Garden at Trackside for spring vegetable planting
12:30 PM Spring Program Displays throughout Trackside Teen Center
- See Bruce Bennett Nissan’s Leaf electric car and learn about all the healthy activities and programs coming this Spring brought to you by local organizations such as Ambler Farm, Woodcock Nature Center, Wilton Farmer’s Market, Wilton Go Green’s Spring Green Homes Tour, Neighbor to
Neighbor Energy Challenge, Summer Camps at the Y and Parks & Rec, Library and Trackside happenings, Youth Council initiatives.
1:00 PM Healthy Refreshments at Trackside’s Cafe
- Delicious things to taste and sip
2:00 PM “Protecting our Environment in Turbulent Times” at Trackside’s Main Stage
Daniel C. Esty, CT Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection
Click here for more information or contact contact Karen Strickland at 762-8384 x 279 or